CAMARILLO PONY BASEBALL ASSOCIATION
* 2023 Advanced Baseball League*
HOW TO REGISTER
Register here to be added to our “WHOS COMING” list:
· MANAGERS, DO NOT HAVE ANYONE ON YOUR TEAM REGISTER UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED TO DO SO BY THE ABL DIRECTOR.
· It is VERY IMPORTANT that you have ALL of your teams players register individually on the CPBA website through the ABL Link. ONLY Registered CPBA players are eligible to be included on an ABT Roster.
· A minimum of 10 players per team is required with up to 15 total rostered players.
· 12 player rosters are recommended and ARE required by PONY baseball for Sanctioned Allstar Tournament play with a maximum of 15 players
· All players must be registered and a COMPLETED Team roster (see attached form) with copy of birth certificates must be submitted by the Manager by January 15th 2023 for inclusion in the 2023 Spring ABL season.
The age cutoff for CPBA ABL is the same as USSSA - MAY 1st
Shetland - 6U
Pinto - 7/8U
Mustang – 9/10U
Bronco – 11/12U
Pony – 13/14U
Colt – 15/18U
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED IN CPBA’S ABL 2023 SPRING LEAGUE
· Inclusion in 2023 CPBA ABL league play as a registered ABL TEAM
· A Minimum of 12 regular season games with a guarantee of 75% of games played to ensure PONY approved for Sanctioned Tournament Play
· An additional Two game minimum, double elimination end of Season Playoff Tournament
· Division Champions trophies
· ABL League Playoff Tournament Champions and Finalists Rings
· 2 Umpires (most divisions) & NEW baseballs for ALL games
· CPBA Fields (FREEDOM OR KILDEE) for ALL games
· Eligibility to participate in PONY Sanctioned All-star Tournaments (fees not included)
REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED IN CPBA’S ABL LEAGUE
· Roster of players, coaches and manager must be submitted, along with payment prior to CPBA’s registration deadline of January 10, 2021. Any late registrations, if division is open and registration is accepted, will be subject to a team late fee of $100.
· All teams, managers and coaches need to go through the same vetting process as the CPBA Rec League and are subject to the Board’s approval.
· All managers and coaches must submit to and pass a background check (paid by CPBA)
· CPBA, in its sole discretion, will determine if the ABT is to be added to CPBA’s ABL.
· Managers and coaches of ABTs MUST adhere to and participate in all required CPBA related requirements, including mandatory manager's meeting prior to the start of the season.
· For a copy of the Legues rules, guidelines, procedures and regulations please visit the CPBA website at www.camponybaseball.org.
· Code of conduct – All ABL managers are responsible for their behavior, the behavior of their players and the behavior of their parents. Violations will face discipline and sanctions, which may include forfeiture of the ability to play in PONY Sanctioned All Star tournaments.
· Only due to extreme circumstances during the season can an ABL team add a player to their roster (per PONY rules), and they CANNOT add players from the CPBA Rec league or other local PONY leagues. Roster information and copy of birth certificate must be turned in a minimum of 3 Business days before a player can be approved for play. If a non-registered player is found to be playing on a team prior to approval, the team will FORFEIT that game and be assessed a $250 fine.
· PONY sets a cutoff date for Sanctioned All Star player eligibility that must be met. This falls during the ABL season. In addition, eligible players must play in at least 50% of their ABL teams games.
· If your team is planning on playing PONY Sanctioned Allstar Tournaments, PONY Baseball requires a minimum of 12 players and a maximum of 15‐players per PONY Sanctioned Allstar Tournament rules.
· Players are not allowed to jump to another ABL team once registered (without agreement between both team managers) and coordination with CPBA President. A player that is leaving an ABL team will stay on the original team’s roster for PONY Sanctioned All Stars (unless agreement between both managers).
· During the regular season all ABL games will play by the CPBA baseball rules, as it relates to pitch counts, time limits, etc.
· A copy of the CPBA rules guide can be found on the CPBA website. There are additional separate ABL rules at end of the CPBA rules guide. CPBA reserves the right to update rules as needed.
· Game schedules will include one weekday game and one game on Saturday. Special requests must be submitted to the ABL Director and CPBA President by February 1, 2022. CPBA cannot guarantee all requests will be met.
· Game schedules will be provided well in advance of the season to ensure meeting the requirements of both CPBA and special requests. Once the game schedules are out, if your team forfeits a game, the team will be subject to a $150 CANCELLATION/FORFEITURE FEE which must be paid prior to the teams next scheduled game.
PRACTICE TIME PRICING
Practices on a CPBA field (KILDEE or FREEDOM PARK) can be added to your package in groups on 5. Practices are 90 minutes.
1 practice day/time per week is permitted. Practice times will be awarded on a first come, first paid basis. Practices are not guaranteed weekly especially when league starts
No refunds on unused practices.
· 5 Practices = $450
ABL QUESTIONS AND CONTACTS
Any and all ABL Questions can be submitted to either of the following:
· DIRECTOR OF ABL – MIKE CASPER AT 818-674-1210, [email protected]
· CPBA PRESIDENT ‐ ALEX MATHIS AT 805-444-2716, [email protected]